Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What If?

What if?
What if your contribution to the world and the fulfillment of your own happiness is not dependent upon discovering a better method of prayer or technique of meditation, not dependent upon reading the right book or attending the right seminar, but upon really seeing and deeply appreciating yourself and the world as they are right now?How would this affect your search for spiritual development? "Author Unknown"

Wow! This hit me hard the first time I read it. For the last 5 to 10 years of my life I have been in search of the "wisdom" that would set me free. Although I feel that I needed all that I read and experienced in my life, I now see that it is less and less these “things” in and of themselves. Information comes to us and is absorbed in all different forms and ways. It has been said that God speaks to us in a plethora of mediums and this is a very evident and valuable truth. I suppose that until we are able to access and trust our inner guidance system we rely upon outside sources. I don't think this is necessarily a "bad" thing. Another saying I have heard quite often is "It takes what it takes" which infers that we all learn in diverse ways in various time periods.

I still love to read many diverse forms of mental, emotional and spiritual literature. As time passes, the reason for investigating evolves. More frequently I am searching within for guidance and searching without for the purpose of investigation and education. The most beneficial tool I have learned so far is to appreciate and look at my life and the things in it with the eyes of gratitude. The more I am able to look at life this way the less I have the feeling of need or lack which in turn diminishes my need to search for any answerers.
Namaste

No comments: